Tuesday, March 22, 2011

The Best Chocolate Chips Ever!


OMFG! I am not over exagerating when I say that these are the BEST Chocolate Chip Cookies ever! I've been meticulously using the same old recipe I got from my High School cooking class in 2005. I've tried different recipes too but nothing pleased me as much as my HS recipe. Today, I decided to try this new recipe and OMFG! I could not stop eating the batter right out of the mixer's flat beater. I couldn't wait for it to be done! The batter produces cookies that are crispy on the edges and so chewy in the middle. And that my friend is exactly how I love to have my cookies. Pair this with a cup of fresh milk and voila! Heaven.

I'm going to stop ranting now. I strongly suggest for everybody to try this recipe. It is a MUST.
A GUARANTEED LOVE AT FIRST BITE. 

This recipe makes about 4 dozen cookies.

What you'll need..
1 cup butter, softened.
1/2 cup white sugar
1 1/2 cups lightly packed brown sugar
2 large eggs
2 tsp. vanilla extract
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp. table salt
1 tsp. baking soda
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
2 cups of semi-sweet chocolate chips

**NOTE: I used unsalted butter, this way I can control the salt. I also used Milk chocolate chips simply because I prefer it over semi-sweet. However, semi-sweet contains more flavanols than milk chocolate. Entirely up to your preference.

Directions..Start off by preheating your oven to 350 degrees. Cream the butter, sugar and brown sugar until very creamy. If you're using an stand or electric mixer, beat for 3 minutes on medium speed.

Add the eggs and vanilla and beat until very creamy, about 2 minutes. In a separate bowl, mix baking soda, baking powder, salt and flour. Gradually add the flour mixture. The cookie batter should be somewhat thick. finally, add the chocolate chips and mix well.


You can also refrigerate the dough for half an hour to harden it a little to make it easier to work with. Drop about 2 tablespoons of dough two inches apart onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, or lightly sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.

Bake for 12-15 minutes, until the edges are golden brown.
Transfer the cookies into a wire rack. Let it cool for 5 minutes before serving.

..I didn't wait. I love cookies right out of the oven! lol. I just can't help it. Feel me?

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment