Monday, March 21, 2011

Tiramisu Mousse Cheesecake Cups


Tiramisu and Cheesecake are one of my absolute favourite desserts. They are just so delicious, indulgent and very irresistable. My mouth tends to water at the sight of it, everytime. Like I said in my earlier post, this was a request from my kid brother. I decided to make cheesecake cups rather than the standard 9 inch round pies. I thought it would be more fun. Most of all they were manageable servings and fairly proportioned for each member of my family. This was my first time making cheesecake and it turned out great! Very simple to make. My brother Keanu was once again accompanying me in the kitchen and being the best guinea pig I could ever ask for. (He also makes a good dishwasher!) Anyhow, I was in a rush so I didn't get a chance to garnish these babies.

Tiramisu Mousse Cheesecake Cups
(Recipe adapted from KraftCanada)

What you'll need..
1-1/3 cups Graham Crumbs
3 Tbsp. Butter, melted
4 pckg. (250 g each) Brick Cream Cheese, softened, divided
6 Tbsp. brewed strong Dark Roast Coffee, cooled, divided
3 Large Eggs
1/3 cup Milk
1 pkg. (4-serving seize/96 g) Vanilla Instant Pudding
2 cups thawed Whipped Topping, Divided
1/2 square Semi-Sweet Chocolate, coarsely grated

Directions..
PREHEAT the oven to 325ºF. Line your muffin pan with paper muffin cups. Mix the Graham crumbs and melted butter. PRESS the crumbs into an even layer over the bottom of the cups. Do the same if you choose to use a 13x9-inch pan or a 9 inch springform pan. Set aside and prepare filling while maintaining the oven temperature.



BEAT 3 packages of cream cheese, sugar and 1 Tbsp. of coffee in large bowl with mixer until it's well blended. Add the eggs, one at a time while mixing on low speed just until blended. Pour over crust.

BAKE for 28 minutes or until the center is almost set. Let it cool completely. BEAT remaining cream cheese in medium bowl with mixer until creamy. Add milk and remaining coffee; mix well. Add dry pudding mix; beat for 2 minutes. Stir in 1-1/2 cups Whipped topping. Spread over cheesecake; sprinkle with chocolate. Garnish with fresh raspberries and remaining whipped topping.



The recipe says to REFRIGERATE for 4 hours. I personally find that C-R-A-Z-Y! How can you make a delicious cheesecake and not eat it right away?! The cups cooled quickly within half an hour since I placed them in the fridge after baking. Then I spread the topping; sprinkled with chocolate and voila! My brother couldn't stop eating. This is a good twist to your regular plain ol' cheesecake. I love coffee and cheese. This recipe is literally the best of both worlds.

xoxo,
Trina

No comments:

Post a Comment